Dean’s Welcome Message:
Welcome to the faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management of Pharos University in Alexandria, which was established in 2006. As a dean of this faculty, it gives me great honor to introduce the faculty’s mission which is providing high-quality education by offering active and interactive learning experiences for students. In addition to aligning sustainability efforts and scientific research trends with a system of goals that have been agreed upon by the faculty staff and local community.
Hence, the faculty offers to the tourism labor market a well-educated and superior undergraduate. Our target is offering an environment for the students to enjoy studying, enhance their knowledge & skills, complete their academic training and expand their network. Thus, turning out to be innovators, entrepreneurs, and professionals capable of being the next generation of leaders in their careers, competing locally and regionally and committed to personal integrity and social responsibility.
The Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management is accredited from the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Education. Moreover, The Faculty has built numerous collaborative links and MOU’s with prestigious international universities such as JAMK University in Finland, Heilbronn University in Germany, UMKC university in the USA, TU Dublin Technological University in Ireland, Malaga University in Spain, Lincoln University in Malaysia and many others. In addition to the partnership with national and international tourism and hotel institutions.
The Faculty has actively participated in international staff and student mobility, internship, research fund projects, joint researches, exchange programs, as well as conferences. All this guarantees that our degree and programs in tourism and hotel management is certified as meeting the very high standards in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Hence, I invite students and their parents, alumni, and business partners to come and visit our faculty and explore our website to discover how we can be part of your future and how we are fulfilling our mission.
Together with all the managerial levels, the academic and teaching staff, students as well as our professional graduates we are gaining our strong reputation in teaching, learning, and professional practice.
1. Hotel Management Department
The Hotel Management Department is a multi-faceted department of the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – Pharos University in Alexandria. It is based on preparing a graduate who is able to work in various professions and jobs in hospitality institutions, practicing the occupational safety and first aid measures required to work in hospitality establishments. Hospitality, and employment of related sciences such as customer psychology, environment, tourism legislation … to serve the fields of hospitality, and to prepare, organize and manage hospitality business using modern technologies.
Students in this section specialize in the third level. The students study a range of specialized and qualified subjects to work in the various professions and jobs in the hotel establishments. Besides the theoretical courses, the department is interested in the practical aspect. Fidlio was provided to train students on hotel reservation systems, internal supervision and hotel accounts. , The warehouse control program to train students to monitor inventory and cost control of the hotel establishment, as well as summer training every academic year. The hotel management department cooperates with a group of hotels and restaurants to train students during the summer, Ml for graduates. The department also organizes many field visits and scientific trips for its students over the years of study.
The department is located in the sixth floor of the Minneapolis – Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – University of Pharos
The department comprises the following specializations:
1. International Hotel Management
2. Hospitality Management Entrepreneurship
3. Mass Catering Management
4. Hospitality Marketing
2. Tourism Department
Tourism Department aims at graduating students with the knowledge and skills required for the local, regional and international tourist work market. The academic disciplines provided by the department qualify to work in different sections of tourism companies and airlines, in addition to a wide range of public functions that suit the graduates’ PR, marketing, customer service, and advertising.
The department ensures that graduates are able to interact with the latest developments in the tourism industry and the skills of continuous self-education, which makes them able to keep abreast of everything new in their field of specialization. The department is also interested in devising behavioral values and professional ethics in its students.
The students specialize in this section from the third level, and the students study a range of specialized materials qualified to work in the major tourism companies and the tourism field in general. In addition to the theoretical courses, the department is interested in the practical aspect.
Amadeus Egypt was contracted to provide the airline reservation system, And the training of those who are under it, and is currently contracting with Cyber to provide different reservation systems to keep up with the latest developments in the tourist labor market, as well as summer training in each academic year, where the Department of Tourism cooperates with a group of tourism and aviation companies to train students during the summer, For graduates. The department also organizes many field visits and scientific trips for its students over the years of study.
The department is located in the fifth floor of the Minneapolis – Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – Pharos University
The department comprises the following specializations:
1. Tourism Destination Marketing
2. Tourism Planning and Development
3. Tourism and Travel Business
4. Tourism, Leisure and Event Management
Why study Tourism and Hotel Management at Pharos University?
The faculty prepares its graduates for the labor market through special academic programs, advanced syllabus and community projects, in addition to a number of facilities and supporting simulators, such as:
Educational restaurant – Educational kitchen – Travel agency – Front office – Hotel guest room – Language labs
- Computer labs with a large number of electronic programs and modern reservation system in tourism and hospitality, such as: Amadeus, Fidelio, Opera and Sabre.
- Field training in tourism and hotel labor market, such as: five-star hotels, tourism companies, travel agencies and airlines.
- Student scholarships abroad at prestigious international universities.
- The partnership between the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – Pharos University, and a number of tourism and hotel institutions, locally and internationally (Four Seasons Hotels – Sheraton Hotels “Starwood Group” – Hilton Hotels – Tolip Hotel – a group of distinctive tourism companies – Chamber of tourism companies and travel agencies – Chamber of hotel institutions – Computing and Advanced Technology Company ACT – Educom Overseas Egypt EO- ICOM – Bavly Travel – Kout Food Group – Grand Egypt Travel – Grand Plaza – Memphis Tours).
- International training opportunities in many developed tourism destinations.
- The partnership between the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management- Pharos University and a number of International universities, e.g. Jamk University in Finland, Heilbronn in Germany, Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), Kansas University in Missouri State in USA. , Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology – New Zealand Lincoln University in Malaysia
Hotel Management Department
- Hospitality organizations (hotels) supervisory and administrative jobs (marketing and sales sector – conferences sector –rooms division – front office and housekeeping) production, food and beverage sector, various service sectors, work in hospitals, land, air and maritime transportation companies, supervision on accommodation, guesthouses, hostels and occupational training centers for the hotel sector.
- Working in education and scientific research in the field of hospitality (hotels) and community services.
- Working in academic and occupational training in different fields related to hospitality (hotel) activities.
- Tourist organizations such as different travel and tourism agencies – airlines – airports – tourism marketing – Human resource management – tourist program planning –inclusive trips – planning and management of various recreation sites – tourist information desks – conference centers and tourist transportation companies.
- Working in education and scientific research in the field of tourism and community services.
- Working in academic and occupational training in different fields related to tourism.