Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management Dean Message:
Welcome to the Faculty of Tourism & Hotel Management at Pharos University, a diverse and vibrant community dedicated to discovery, to making knowledge matter, and to developing all of its members to their utmost potential.
We are committed to providing our students with the best possible education to prepare them for their future careers in tourism, hotel and food and beverage management. This is one of the leading and most energetic sectors of the modern economy providing not only jobs but a numerous of other opportunities.
In order to flourish in this fast moving job market, our students need to be practically grounded with the ability to work effectively from the moment they are employed.
But in order to prosper, they also need to be flexible and creative, and to have the ability to think critically and to reflect on how they relate to their colleagues and customers. As a dynamic learning environment, we continually review and refine our curricula to meet the needs of our students and their employers and comply with the Sustainable Development Goals
We teach our students that while the world is continuously facing different and difficult economic, political and natural challenges; creative application of the newly acquired body of knowledge will present new opportunities and solutions with which success will have no limits.
To meet the needs of both our students and future employers, the faculty staff members are continually thinking about not only what they educate but also how they educate. Employability is central to our program and to furnish our students to meet the challenges of industry we need to provide them with appropriate practical sessions and to enhance their understanding through experiential learning.
On the website you can read about and hear from our faculty and students, and you can learn about the study plan as well as about our departments majors, minors and the four-year plan that forms a community of students, faculty, and alumni), The Faculty Tourism and Hotel Management, Pharos university aspires to be internationally recognized for its academic research and excellence consultation in all aspects of tourism and hospitality management in the context of the international competitive standards for scientific excellence and innovation.
As the Dean of this faculty, it gives me great honors to welcome you. Come visit us and find out just how exciting it is to be involved in the educational part of what has been acknowledged as the world’s leading economic sector.
1. Hotel Management Department
The Hotel Management Department is a multi-faceted department of the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – Pharos University in Alexandria. It is based on preparing a graduate who is able to work in various professions and jobs in hospitality institutions, practicing the occupational safety and first aid measures required to work in hospitality establishments. Hospitality, and employment of related sciences such as customer psychology, environment, tourism legislation … to serve the fields of hospitality, and to prepare, organize and manage hospitality business using modern technologies.
Students in this section specialize in the third level. The students study a range of specialized and qualified subjects to work in the various professions and jobs in the hotel establishments. Besides the theoretical courses, the department is interested in the practical aspect. Fidlio was provided to train students on hotel reservation systems, internal supervision and hotel accounts. , The warehouse control program to train students to monitor inventory and cost control of the hotel establishment, as well as summer training every academic year. The hotel management department cooperates with a group of hotels and restaurants to train students during the summer, Ml for graduates. The department also organizes many field visits and scientific trips for its students over the years of study.
The department is located in the sixth floor of the Minneapolis – Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – University of Pharos
The department comprises the following specializations:
1. International Hotel Management
2. Hospitality Management Entrepreneurship
3. Mass Catering Management
4. Hospitality Marketing
2. Tourism Department
Tourism Department aims at graduating students with the knowledge and skills required for the local, regional and international tourist work market. The academic disciplines provided by the department qualify to work in different sections of tourism companies and airlines, in addition to a wide range of public functions that suit the graduates’ PR, marketing, customer service, and advertising.
The department ensures that graduates are able to interact with the latest developments in the tourism industry and the skills of continuous self-education, which makes them able to keep abreast of everything new in their field of specialization. The department is also interested in devising behavioral values and professional ethics in its students.
The students specialize in this section from the third level, and the students study a range of specialized materials qualified to work in the major tourism companies and the tourism field in general. In addition to the theoretical courses, the department is interested in the practical aspect.
Amadeus Egypt was contracted to provide the airline reservation system, And the training of those who are under it, and is currently contracting with Cyber to provide different reservation systems to keep up with the latest developments in the tourist labor market, as well as summer training in each academic year, where the Department of Tourism cooperates with a group of tourism and aviation companies to train students during the summer, For graduates. The department also organizes many field visits and scientific trips for its students over the years of study.
The department is located in the fifth floor of the Minneapolis – Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – Pharos University
The department comprises the following specializations:
1. Tourism Destination Marketing
2. Tourism Planning and Development
3. Tourism and Travel Business
4. Tourism, Leisure and Event Management
3. Aviation Management
The Program comprises the following specializations:
- In-Flight Services
- Airport Management
- Ground Hospitality Fields
4. Cultural Heritage Management
The Program comprises the following specializations:
- Museums Management
- Archaeological Sites Management
- Cultural Documentation Management
- The State Sectors for Cultural, Archaeological and Heritage Affairs Management
Why study Tourism and Hotel Management at Pharos University?
The faculty prepares its graduates for the labor market through special academic programs, advanced syllabus and community projects, in addition to a number of facilities and supporting simulators, such as:
Educational restaurant – Educational kitchen – Travel agency – Front office – Hotel guest room – Language labs
- Computer labs with a large number of electronic programs and modern reservation system in tourism and hospitality, such as: Amadeus, Fidelio, Opera and Sabre.
- Field training in tourism and hotel labor market, such as: five-star hotels, tourism companies, travel agencies and airlines.
- Student scholarships abroad at prestigious international universities.
- The partnership between the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – Pharos University, and a number of tourism and hotel institutions, locally and internationally (Four Seasons Hotels – Sheraton Hotels “Starwood Group” – Hilton Hotels – Tolip Hotel –a group of distinctive tourism companies – Chamber of tourism companies and travel agencies – Chamber of hotel institutions – Computing and Advanced Technology Company ACT – Educom Overseas Egypt EO).
- International training opportunities in many developed tourism destinations.
- The partnership between the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management- Pharos University and a number of International universities, e.g. Jamk University in Finland, Heilbronn in Germany, Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), Kansas University in Missouri State in USA.
Hotel Management Department
- Hospitality organizations (hotels) supervisory and administrative jobs (marketing and sales sector – conferences sector –rooms division – front office and housekeeping) production, food and beverage sector, various service sectors, work in hospitals, land, air and maritime transportation companies, supervision on accommodation, guesthouses, hostels and occupational training centers for the hotel sector.
- Working in education and scientific research in the field of hospitality (hotels) and community services.
- Working in academic and occupational training in different fields related to hospitality (hotel) activities.
- Tourist organizations such as different travel and tourism agencies – airlines – airports – tourism marketing – Human resource management – tourist program planning –inclusive trips – planning and management of various recreation sites – tourist information desks – conference centers and tourist transportation companies.
- Working in education and scientific research in the field of tourism and community services.
- Working in academic and occupational training in different fields related to tourism.
Department of Aviation Hospitality Management:-
- Working in Aviation Hospitality
- Working in the field of airport management
- Working in airlines companies
- Working in specialized companies in the logistics of aircrafts and airports
- Working in the fields of customer service at airports
- Working in the specialties of ground hospitality at airports
Department of Cultural Heritage Management:
- Archaeological and heritage sites and natural reserves of an archaeological nature
- Cultural and cultural documentation sectors and centers
- State sectors for cultural and archaeological affairs, heritage departments, ministries and concerned bodies such as (Ministry of Antiquities / Ministry of Culture / Ministry of Tourism / ……)
- Foreign and Egyptian archaeological missions
A Professional Training Program in the Field of Lighting “Lighting Design in Projects”
The First –of- its- Kind Program in Egypt and Arab World
The Professional training program in lighting graduates distinguished people in the field of lighting, equipped with scientific and professional information that enables them to conduct studies and designs for lighting projects depending on the specifications of international standards applied in the most advanced European and American countries following the sustainable developments and the sustainable development goals Read More
Scientific Research And Publishing
- Faculty Staff Researches
- Scientific Magazine
- Masters & PHD
- Consultancy Unit
- Travel Agency
- Production Unit