Dean’s Welcome Message:
Welcome to the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management at Pharos University in Alexandria, where we have been providing exceptional education since our establishment in 2006. As the Dean of this esteemed faculty, it is my privilege to introduce our aim, which is centered on delivering high-quality education through active and interactive learning experiences for our students. Over the past decade, we have maintained a steadfast commitment to providing an educational experience that is enriching and fulfilling, and our exceptional graduates have made significant contributions to the growth and development of the tourism and hospitality industry.
Amid the challenges, I am deeply impressed by the resilience, determination, and dedication of our students, faculty, and staff. Together, we have overcome countless obstacles and adapted to new ways of learning, teaching, and working. Our faculty provides an environment that fosters learning, encourages personal growth, and expands students’ networks. We aim to transform our students into innovators, entrepreneurs, and professionals who are capable of becoming the next generation of leaders in their careers, while instilling in them a commitment to personal integrity and social responsibility, enabling them to compete locally and regionally.
The Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management is accredited by the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Education. We have established collaborations with several prestigious international universities, including JAMK University in Finland, Heilbronn University in Germany, UMKC University in the USA, TU Dublin Technological University in Ireland, Malaga University in Spain, Lincoln University in Malaysia, Niagara College in Canada, TOI-OHOMAI in New Zealand and many others. Furthermore, we have partnerships with national and international tourism and hospitality institutions.
Our faculty actively participates in international staff and student mobility programs, internships, research fund projects, joint research initiatives, exchange programs, and conferences. These endeavors ensure that our degree programs in tourism and hotel management meet the highest standards of the tourism and hospitality industry.
As we move forward, I am confident that the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management will continue to be a beacon of hope and excellence. To our students, I urge you to seize this opportunity to learn, grow, and make a positive impact on the world. To our faculty and staff, I express my sincere gratitude for your unwavering commitment to our students and to the mission of our faculty. Together, we will overcome any challenge and emerge stronger and more united than ever before
1. Hotel Management Department
The Hotel Management Department is a multi-faceted department of the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – Pharos University in Alexandria. It is based on preparing a graduate who is able to work in various professions and jobs in hospitality institutions, practicing the occupational safety and first aid measures required to work in hospitality establishments. Hospitality, and employment of related sciences such as customer psychology, environment, tourism legislation … to serve the fields of hospitality, and to prepare, organize and manage hospitality business using modern technologies.
Students in this section specialize in the third level. The students study a range of specialized and qualified subjects to work in the various professions and jobs in the hotel establishments. Besides the theoretical courses, the department is interested in the practical aspect. Fidlio was provided to train students on hotel reservation systems, internal supervision and hotel accounts. , The warehouse control program to train students to monitor inventory and cost control of the hotel establishment, as well as summer training every academic year. The hotel management department cooperates with a group of hotels and restaurants to train students during the summer, Ml for graduates. The department also organizes many field visits and scientific trips for its students over the years of study.
The department is located in the sixth floor of the Minneapolis – Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – University of Pharos
The department comprises the following specializations:
1. International Hotel Management
2. Hospitality Management Entrepreneurship
3. Mass Catering Management
4. Hospitality Marketing
2. Tourism Department
Tourism Department aims at graduating students with the knowledge and skills required for the local, regional and international tourist work market. The academic disciplines provided by the department qualify to work in different sections of tourism companies and airlines, in addition to a wide range of public functions that suit the graduates’ PR, marketing, customer service, and advertising.
The department ensures that graduates are able to interact with the latest developments in the tourism industry and the skills of continuous self-education, which makes them able to keep abreast of everything new in their field of specialization. The department is also interested in devising behavioral values and professional ethics in its students.
The students specialize in this section from the third level, and the students study a range of specialized materials qualified to work in the major tourism companies and the tourism field in general. In addition to the theoretical courses, the department is interested in the practical aspect.
Amadeus Egypt was contracted to provide the airline reservation system, And the training of those who are under it, and is currently contracting with Cyber to provide different reservation systems to keep up with the latest developments in the tourist labor market, as well as summer training in each academic year, where the Department of Tourism cooperates with a group of tourism and aviation companies to train students during the summer, For graduates. The department also organizes many field visits and scientific trips for its students over the years of study.
The department is located in the fifth floor of the Minneapolis – Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – Pharos University
The department comprises the following specializations:
1. Tourism Destination Marketing
2. Tourism Planning and Development
3. Tourism and Travel Business
4. Tourism, Leisure and Event Management
Why study Tourism and Hotel Management at Pharos University?
The faculty prepares its graduates for the labor market through special academic programs, advanced syllabus and community projects, in addition to a number of facilities and supporting simulators, such as: Educational restaurant – Educational kitchen – Travel agency – Front office – Hotel guest room – Language labs.
- The existence of a specialized educational platform (Blackboard), supported by an advanced strategy for teaching, learning, and assessment and equipped with the latest hybrid education methods.
- Computer labs with a large number of electronic programs and modern reservation system in tourism and hospitality, such as: Amadeus, Fidelio, Opera and Sabre.
- Availability of a 4-star hotel on campus for field training for students to qualify them for the labor market, in addition to training in the largest hotel chains, prestigious tourism companies, and airlines, with the support of specialized, distinguished trainers.
- Student scholarships abroad at prestigious international universities.
- The partnership between the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management – Pharos University, and a number of tourism and hotel institutions, locally and internationally (Four Seasons Hotels – Sheraton Hotels “Starwood Group” – Hilton Hotels – Tolip Hotel – a group of distinctive tourism companies – Chamber of tourism companies and travel agencies – Chamber of hotel institutions – Computing and Advanced Technology Company ACT – Educom Overseas Egypt EO- ICOM – Bavly Travel – Kout Food Group – Grand Egypt Travel – Grand Plaza – Memphis Tours).
- International training opportunities for students in partnership with prestigious tourism and hospitality institutions in various developed tourism destinations
- The partnership between the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management- Pharos University and a number of International universities, e.g. JAMK University in Finland, Heilbronn in Germany, Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), Kansas University in Missouri State in USA., Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology – New Zealand, Lincoln University in Malaysia, University of A Coruña and University of Malaga in Spain
Hotel Management Department
- Hospitality organizations (hotels) supervisory and administrative jobs (marketing and sales sector – conferences sector –rooms division – front office and housekeeping) production, food and beverage sector, various service sectors, work in hospitals, land, air and maritime transportation companies, supervision on accommodation, guesthouses, hostels and occupational training centers for the hotel sector.
- Working in education and scientific research in the field of hospitality (hotels) and community services.
- Working in academic and occupational training in different fields related to hospitality (hotel) activities.
- Tourist organizations such as different travel and tourism agencies – airlines – airports – tourism marketing – Human resource management – tourist program planning – planning and management of various tourists sites – tourist information desks – conference centers and tourist transportation companies.
- Working in education and scientific research in the field of tourism and community services.
- Working in academic and occupational training in different fields related to tourism.