Campus Facilities in Pharos University (All facilities are non-smoking)
- Distinguished and air conditioned hall for holding conferences, lectures of post graduate studies, thesis discussions, seminars and workshops.
- Provided with the most technologically advanced audio-visual devices.
- Suitable for 100 persons.
The university has established a grand and luxurious conference hall set apart for conferences and ceremonies with a capacity of 1000 guests.
The student theatre hall has been established to host different events and ceremonies and accommodates up to 500 guests.
A branch of the Commercial International Bank (CIB) is established on the university campus, in order to facilitate the payment of tuition fees and the completion of all banking transactions.
The university has established a copy center provided with all lecture notes for students from different faculties.
- Food Court
The university’s Food Court provides various kinds of drinks and meals for students at acceptable prices.
A student clinic provides first aid services as well as blood pressure and blood sugar level measurement, as well as transfer of intravenous fluids. The clinic also provides treatment with fever reducers and painkillers.
Students can have their own lockers to store their personal belongings after registering and paying the specified fees.
The university has a spacious parking lot located near the campus, with a capacity of 1000 vehicles.
PUA gives special attention to sports activities and participates in the League of the Egyptian National Universities. PUA has extensive sport facilities including:
- One grass football field with official dimensions
- Two five-a-side football courts
- One handball court
- One basketball court
- One Volleyball court
- Four Tennis courts
- One Ping-Pong table
Students with Special Needs
PUA provides additional services and facilities where students with special needs are, in specific cases, allowed to reside in the university’s dorms (when available) for their entire study period at PUA.
Facilities for wheel-chair disabilities include:
- Ramp access to buildings.
- Wide door elevators.
- Flexible classroom designs.
Chemicals And Glassware Store
The chemicals store at PUA is one of the recent buildings that the university’s administration saw to its establishment, on technical and scientific basis, with the highest safety rates. Taken into consideration are the precautions necessary for handling chemicals inside the store and moving them to the labs of the scientific faculties (Pharmacy and Drug Manufacturing – Department of Petrochemical Engineering – Dentistry – Allied Medical Sciences – Physical Therapy – Arts and Design).
Chemicals and glassware store at PUA is peculiar in the following:
- Supplied with an accurate and automatic fire extinguish system, and provided with a light and sound system to deal immediately with fire. In addition, all means of lighting and electricity connections are flame and explosion proof.
- Designed and constructed in a way that allows air inside it to be vented and renewed in a natural way. Moreover, natural lighting is uniformly distributed inside the store, in addition to the expulsion of any gases that might accumulate.
- The store is unique in its quick control means to avoid the dangers of any probable spill of chemicals on any person inside the store. It is provided with a washing area, where the injured person’s body is totally submerged and cleaned, in addition to a special eye-shower in case of being exposed to any harmful substance.
- The chemicals inside the store are never accumulated. There is an internal arrangement system that prevents intermixing of substances that might interact together. The stock undergoes precise control in a way by which it decreases at the end of the academic year and increases at the beginning of it when the chemicals and glassware are distributed to the labs of various PUA faculties.
- Inside the store there is a highly efficient cooling compartment to accommodate volatile and flammable liquids that are subject to a daily control and monitoring system.
Pharos University’s libraries are enriched with the latest books and scientific references covering various field of study. They also are supported with an advanced system of information technology. Besides, the university has a number of spacious study halls specially designed to provide the suitable environment for the students to learn effectively.
Pharos University has subscribed to a number of the world’s biggest electronic libraries, all of which are accessible only through the PUA network on the following websites: