Department Mission and Vision
The Architectural Engineering Department at PUA is a world class school of Architecture, built on a deep appreciation of cultural values, seeking for knowledge worldwide in order to fulfill the community’s aspiration for quality of human living and working environments.
Architectural Engineering Department seeks to conduct research that addresses critical issues in the environment, and through an advanced and continuously growing technical capability, direct involvement in the resolution of built environment problems.
Finally, the program prime goal is to prepare graduates specialized in architecture, who able to deal with modern technologies and to take activities with futuristic approach that enables them to successfully compete with active participation and development of architectural engineering profession on both local and international level.
Features of Excellence
1) Adjusting the program of study in the department to five years of study so that the specialized study begins in the first semester of enrollment of the student in the Faculty of Engineering.
2) Establishing workshops and architectural programs for students abroad.
3) The Department links the theoretical study with the scientific reality.
4) Through its cultural season, the Department is keen to make a distinguished contribution through activities such as cultural and scientific symposiums, concerts, art exhibitions and competitions that show the students’ artistic potentials.
5) The department established the Cine Club for its students to blend art with technology.
6) The Department is keen to participate in the international competitions.
7) The department includes an integrated center for printing students’ projects and their researches.
8) The start of the graduate studies program (Diploma and Masters Degrees) in the academic year 2019-2020 after the completion of the material and human resources of the department.
9) The Department is working on preparing the academic curriculums of two new programs in addition to the current Architecture and Design program:
-Urban Planning Program.
-Building Science and Technology Program.
10) The Department is also working on the development of the program of Architecture and Design
by adding specialized materials in the field of sustainability and energy saving and teaching new
courses in art, culture, and design through using computer programs, the Preparation of specialized academic laboratories for the new programs such as the GIS
laboratory, an environmental lab, and others.