Training Center | Opening Speech
Pharos University in Alexandria (PUA) strongly believes in the importance of field training due to its significant and effective impact on the competence of graduates. Field training is one of the graduation requirements that must be fulfilled by PUA students. This field training is fulfilled through numerous partnerships signed between PUA and the various training institutions provided by the Field Training Center. In addition, the field training period for students is an opportunity to transfer experiences and skills from professional cadres to the student trainees. Furthermore, it is a good example of communication between generations as they transfer their accumulated experience and skills to students. In return, this raises their capabilities and efficiency, increases their employability, and competition in the labor market.
Prof. Dr. Mohamed Etman
Acting Vice President for Community Service and Environmental Development Affairs
PUA seeks to promote the academic and practical levels of its graduates by motivating students to join distinguished training opportunities. This helps students to develop their skills and knowledge, and enable its graduates to serve the community while achieving integration between educational, research and applied skills.
Seeking to provide an adequate amount of field experience for its students, PUA has paid great attention to the field training programs in coordination with the various work sectors under the supervision and follow-up of PUA. This is done according to a specific mechanism to ensure the achievement of the desired objectives. To ensure such achievement, the field training is compulsory as per the Faculties’ internal regulations.
Field training is one of the key factors in achieving fruitful integration between PUA and the labor market. That’s why PUA tirelessly seeks to provide its students with an adequate amount of hands-on experience that helps raise their qualification levels, and practicing what they studied in a real work environment. This ultimately sharpens and develops their skills and enables them to succeed in different job positions in the future. Furthermore, it introduces the students to different institutions, and enables them to choose the most suitable ones for various job positions after their graduation. Accordingly, this increase the employability rate of PUA’s alumni at the local, regional and international levels.
- Stressing the various concepts, knowledge, sciences and skills that have been studied in the courses for students.
- Giving students the opportunity to gain practical experience in the various duties of any job before graduation.
- Identifying the obstacles and difficulties in the workplace, and teaching how to respond to them.
- Identifying the supplies and equipment in the work site and relating that to what have been taught in the faculty.
- Providing the students with the opportunity to learn about different employers and choose their most suitable ones.
- Giving students the opportunity to learn about practical problems and appropriate scientific solutions through research and reports.
- Giving the Faculty a clear idea of the labor market’s needs and its various requirements. This would reflect positively on the Faculty, whether in terms of developing its curricula or opening new specializations based on suggestions received from faculty members supervising the field training.
- Opening channels of communication between the labor market and PUA’s students on the one hand, and between the labor market and faculty members and PUA on the other hand, and what this achieves in terms of developing study plans in each major.
- Familiarizing the students with the training providers to allow them to choose their most suitable ones.