The Faculty of Dentistry – Pharos University – seeks to prepare scientifically and professionally qualified graduates to cope with the technological development in order to compete in the labor market locally and regionally. This is achievable through the integration of educational and scientific capacities as well as the research and applied practical skills to provide health services to the community in the dental field.
The Faculty of Dentistry – Pharos University – aims to be a pioneer in the dental education locally, regionally and internationally in order to meet the needs of the community and to keep up with the ceaseless flow of the technological development, as well as to develop the capabilities and skills of its students on an educational, scientific, professional, research and leadership level.
Aim 1: Raise the efficiency of the institutional capacity in order to improve the competitive position of the faculty.
- First aim strategic objectives:
- Enhance the faculty’s human resources.
- Continuously develop/ renovate the faculty’s infrastructure.
- Develop the faculty’s own resources.
Aim 2: Prepare the Faculty of Dentistry, Pharos University for being a pioneer scientific institution in the field of dentistry.
- Second aim strategic objectives:
- Support and strengthen the educational system.
- Develop and raise the under- and postgraduate faculty students’ skills and qualifications on a professional and moral level.
- Develop the student support system.
- Continuously develop sustainable human resources capabilities.
Aim 3: Develop the system of scientific research and postgraduate studies
- Third aim strategic objectives:
- Develop research plans.
- Develop policies to support and encourage the scientific research.
- Develop the research laboratories and faculty’s facilities that support the scientific research in different dental fields and specialties.
- Develop the postgraduate studies.
Aim 4: Enhance and reinforce the faculty’s active role in both the community service and environmental development.
- Fourth aim strategic objectives:
- Raise the level of services provided by the faculty to the surrounding community and strengthen the communication and partnership with other community institutions.
- Maintain a continuous contact and communication with the faculty’s graduates/ alumni and provide them with continuous education opportunities.
- Provide more diagnostic and therapeutic services in the various fields of dentistry.