Faculty Of Dentistry Dean Welcome :
PUA’s Faculty of Dentistry seeks, as an academic beacon, to produce valuable academic outputs represented in highly qualified graduates capable of keeping pace with scientific developments and modern learning methods. It also seeks to achieve valuable research results that serve the community, preserve the environment, and greatly benefit the society.
Accordingly, the Faculty seeks – as per its strategic plan – to focus on qualifying experienced health staff, and spreading the culture of scientific research, innovation and creativity. In addition to encouraging Faculty’s distinguished faculty members and students to contribute in the knowledge industry. This would then ensure the graduation of trained cadres capable of achieving creativity and leadership in their fields of specialization and leading their communities.
Prof. Dr. / Yehia Ashour, B.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
Dean of Faculty of Dentistry, PUA
Professor of Restorative Dentistry
The Faculty of Dentistry – University of Pharos comprises eight scientific departments divided into:
- Department of Oral Biology
- Department of Oral Pathology
- Department of Oral Medicine and Periodontology
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Prosthetic Dentistry (Fixed and Removable)
- Department of Orthodontics
- Department of Restorative Dentistry and Dental Biomaterials
- Department of Pediatric and Community Dentistry
Why Study Dentistry at PUA?
- The Faculty of Dentistry – Pharos University comprises several halls, classrooms and clinics:
- Dental clinics for undergraduate students with a capacity of 35-38 students including:
- Pediatric dentistry clinic
- An Oral surgery and Periodontology clinic
- A clinic for Conservative and Endodontic treatment
- A Removable Prosthodontic clinic
- A Fixed Prosthodontic clinic
- A clinic for internship students
- An outpatient clinic which has 10 dental units
- A VIP clinic with 2 units for dental implant surgeries
- 2 rooms with standard, panoramic and CBCT x-rays units
- 6 specialized laboratories for pre-clinical training (phantom head labs)
- 2 multi- purpose laboratories for academic studies
- There are also special clinics for postgraduate students containing:
- An endodontic microscope
- A CAD CAM dental machine for the chairside fabrication of fixed Prosthodontics (Zirconia & E-Max)
- GA operatory room for Pediatric Dentistry including:
- Major operatory room
- An intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- A recovery room
- A central sterilization room
- 2 rooms for one-day accommodation
- A Central Dental Laboratory for dentures, crowns and bridges fabrication.
- A Dental Warehouse for educational materials to enrich the educational experiences.
- 2 Multi- purpose classrooms a main Two separate items (classrooms, lecture hall) “auditorium”
- Senior students offer free integrated treatment in the form of comprehensive care case (CCC) as a community service to help them develop their skills in the diagnosis and treatment, as well as the various research projects which they conduct as a graduation requirement.
- Ministry of Health organizations and institutions whether locally, regionally or internationally
- Oral and dental surgery treatment centers and private clinics
- Forensic medicine
- Working as a general dental practitioner