Faculty Of Dentistry Dean Welcome :
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Faculty of Dentistry – Pharos University in Alexandria. We are proud to be a united family of dedicated staff members and employees. Cutting-edge methods of teaching are provided in the field of dentistry with the aim of graduating students able to compete in the Egyptian and international labor markets. The faculty provides the best therapeutic level for patients visiting our clinics, taking into account the quality assurance standards and the dynamic curriculum standards. For the first time in Egypt, the bachelor students rehabilitate a dental case that includes all disciplines, in addition to a graduation project, providing the student with scientific and practical experience.
The Faculty of Dentistry urges its students to make meticulous scientific researches, which, after publication, raise the scientific overall ranking of the faculty as a pioneer in the field of scientific research for students in Egypt and the Middle East.
Finally, I believe that education in the field of dentistry relies on creativity, as it provides a chance for students to explore the world and integrate with the rapid development in all fields of dental medicine.
Prof. Dr. / Yehia Ashour, B.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
Dean of Faculty of Dentistry, PUA
Professor of Restorative Dentistry
The Faculty of Dentistry – University of Pharos comprises eight scientific departments divided into:
- Department of Oral Biology
- Department of Oral Pathology
- Department of Oral Medicine and Periodontology
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Prosthetic Dentistry (Fixed and Removable)
- Department of Orthodontics
- Department of Restorative Dentistry and Dental Biomaterials
- Department of Pediatric and Community Dentistry
Why Study Dentistry at PUA?
- The Faculty of Dentistry – Pharos University comprises several halls, classrooms and clinics:
- Dental clinics for undergraduate students with a capacity of 35-38 students including:
- Pediatric dentistry clinic
- An Oral surgery and Periodontology clinic
- A clinic for Conservative and Endodontic treatment
- A Removable Prosthodontic clinic
- A Fixed Prosthodontic clinic
- A clinic for internship students
- An outpatient clinic which has 10 dental units
- A VIP clinic with 2 units for dental implant surgeries
- 2 rooms with standard, panoramic and CBCT x-rays units
- 6 specialized laboratories for pre-clinical training (phantom head labs)
- 2 multi- purpose laboratories for academic studies
- There are also special clinics for postgraduate students containing:
- An endodontic microscope
- A CAD CAM dental machine for the chairside fabrication of fixed Prosthodontics (Zirconia & E-Max)
- GA operatory room for Pediatric Dentistry including:
- Major operatory room
- An intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- A recovery room
- A central sterilization room
- 2 rooms for one-day accommodation
- A Central Dental Laboratory for dentures, crowns and bridges fabrication.
- A Dental Warehouse for educational materials to enrich the educational experiences.
- 2 Multi- purpose classrooms a main Two separate items (classrooms, lecture hall) “auditorium”
- Senior students offer free integrated treatment in the form of comprehensive care case (CCC) as a community service to help them develop their skills in the diagnosis and treatment, as well as the various research projects which they conduct as a graduation requirement.
- Ministry of Health organizations and institutions whether locally, regionally or internationally
- Oral and dental surgery treatment centers and private clinics
- Forensic medicine
- Working as a general dental practitioner