Faculty Of Physical Therapy Dean Welcome :
My dear students, welcome to PUA’s Faculty of Physical Therapy, whose ultimate goal is to achieve leadership in the field of physical therapy. This is achieved through graduating strong students according to modern methodological and scientific foundations for community service, and gaining them the ability to compete at the local, regional, and global levels.
The Faculty also helps students and graduates reach outstanding academic achievement and continuous evidence-based scientific research through coherent and integrated curricula that meet the global standards and modern scientific research. It also gives due attention to clinical training in various specialties of physical therapy. In addition, the Faculty seeks to build the students’ scientific and research skills through student sporting, artistic, cultural, and other activities, to develop their skills and abilities and promote their sense of loyalty and national belonging.
Furthermore, the Faculty follows an effective leadership system in solving students’ problems to overcome difficulties and obstacles, whether academic or social, through effective academic advising. The Faculty spares no effort to serve students and secure their future, and to serve our beloved Egypt.
Prof. Dr. Amr Abo Gazia
Dean, Faculty of Physical Therapy, PUA
- Basic Science
- Physical Therapy for Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
- Physical Therapy for Women Health
- Physical Therapy for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Physical Therapy for Pediatrics and Its Surgery
- Physical Therapy for Orthopedic Surgery
- Physical Therapy for Integumentary
Why Study At The Faculty Of Physical Therapy?
- The faculty students are provided with the latest therapeutic modalities equipment.
- The faculty of Physical Therapy affords labs for Anatomy, Physiology, Histology, Biomechanics, Biochemistry, hydroelectric and manual therapies.
- The student learns the diseases of the mentioned specialties from the medical point of view and how to apply physical therapy modalities and evaluate these cases.
- The graduate is able to provide various physical therapy services in the mentioned specialties and sports injuries.
- Students receive clinical training in hospitals affiliated to the Ministry of Health, Police and Armed Forces by highly-qualified medical staff in various specializations, under the faculty’s supervision.
- After graduation, the student passes one-year internship training in order to be able to obtain the professional practice license;10 months in different specialties and 2 optional months in outstanding hospitals to ensure that students receive an exceptional standard of clinical training that qualifies them to compete in the labour market.
- Rehabilitation centers in hospitals and clinics
- Sports centers
- Geriatric centers
- Schools physically disabled centers for children
- Sports clubs
The outpatient clinics at the faculty of Physical Therapy have two major departments:
The first department:
This department is for adults where they could receive treatment for the following medical conditions:
- Orthopedic diseases and trauma as well as post-operative rehabilitation.
- Neurological diseases and trauma as well as post-operative rehabilitation.
- Abdominal, heart and thoracic diseases and trauma as well as post-operative rehabilitation.
- Gynaecological and obstetric diseases as well as post-operative rehabilitation.
- Burns and post-operative rehabilitation.
This department has the state-of-the-art physical therapy equipment for diagnosis and treatment.
- Nerve Conduction Velocity.
- Scoliosis Assessment Equipment.
- Goniometer for Measuring the Joint’s Range of Motion
- Other PT equipment in diagnosing abdominal and heart diseases.
- Electrotherapy multi-currents including TENS, faradic, Russian, interferential, diadynamic, etc.
- Joint Continuous Passive Motion.
- Pneumatic Pressure.
- Electromagnetic Radiation.
- Paraffin Wax Bath.
- Cervical and Lumbar Traction.
Regular examination is conducted by one of the faculty members who sets the patient’s treatment plan and makes changes in the treatment plan depending on the case medical progress.
It is worth mentioning that one of the faculty teaching assistants does the follow-up task of each case.
The second department:
This department is dedicated for paediatric physiotherapy where children with neurological diseases receive treatment. The department is supervised by a number of faculty members of the department of the Pediatric Physical Therapy and Its Surgery who conduct medical examination for children once visiting the department and set the treatment plan for every child. They also do the follow-up task for each child and regularly make changes in the treatment plan if required. The faculty teaching assistants also supervise the progress of the treatment plan for each child.
This department includes all the required equipment for paediatric physical therapy and it is fully equipped with the latest medical advancements in pediatric orthopedic and neurological disorders including the following:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy
- Metabolism Disorders
- Down Syndrome
- Hereditary neurological and neuromuscular disorders.
- Congenital orthopedic abnormalities.
In this department, occupational therapy is also provided for rehabilitation of the children’s hands.
Examination and treatment is provided for free at the outpatient clinics of the faculty of Physical Therapy.
The External Clinics Include The Following Departments:
- Clinic for orthopedics and surgery, post operational rehabilitation and sports injury.
- Clinic for disabled children suffering delayed motor skills
- Clinic for neurological disorders and its surgery
- Clinic for electromyography and nerve conduction velocities
- Clinic for women health.
Outpatient Clinics – Pharos University
The clinics receive the revealed cases in orthopedics, traumatology, neurology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, delayed motor development, diabetic feet and sports injuries under supervision of faculty members in addition to EMG unit. For more info Please Click here
- Physical therapy is considered one of the crucial medical fields which depend on application of different therapeutic interventions and rehabilitation of patients to reach self-dependence and regain normal life activities without any side effects (difficulties).
- Therapeutic programs are being applied in the faculty of the physical therapy under the supervision of the faculty stuff members.
- Committed to offer developed and safe medical services in different domains of physical therapy to accomplish the needs and desires of the patients and children based on high therapeutic criteria.
The museum contains 83 specimens from Somso Company (Germany) and 3B company (American). The specimen simplifies teaching of anatomy of Head and Neck, Brain, Upper Limb, Lower Limb, Abdomen and Thorax.
The specimens are categorized into different regions of the body.
Explanatory boards are located beside each specimen to encourage self-learning process for students. to know more about facilities Click here