Faculty of Engineering Dean Welcome:
The faculty of Engineering at Pharos University in Alexandria is keen to provide its graduates with a distinguished academic level coping with recent advanced technologies. Our education system tends to achieve real development to enhance the capabilities and skills of our students scientifically and practically to provide strong opportunities to compete in the labor market locally and internationally. Our faculty, established in 2006, has been working to provide a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various engineering disciplines.
PUA is constantly keen to upgrade the college’s capacity buildings with the latest technologies, including laboratories, and workshops, together with a strong technical team, and distinguished faculty members to maintain good quality of education. The Faculty of Engineering is also interested in providing a wide range of students’ activities, community engagement, and volunteering work to develop student’s personal and social skills.
The partnership agreement between the Faculty of Engineering, Pharos University in Alexandria, and the Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden (KTH) aims to enhance academic excellence, scientific innovation, and students exchange. This partnership was established in 2012 and has grown since then to include joint initiatives in different engineering programs.
I am pleased to take this opportunity to welcome our new and current students, wishing them all a fruitful and successful academic life.
With my best wishes to all members of PUA Engineering family,
Prof. Dr. Mahmoud Mohamed El-Melegy
Dean of Faculty of Engineering – Pharos University in Alexandria
- The Faculty of Engineering includes the following departments each with its specific specialization:
In addition to the Department of Basic Engineering Sciences which provides services for all the departments of Engineering faculty
The faculty of Engineering has recently signed a cooperation protocol in the contest “Towards a Sustainable Future” initiative with Birla Carbon Company.
A contest organized in 2017/2018 for (graduation projects) under the initiative and three projects won the contest
- Students joining the KTH-PUA programs shall get, when graduated, two certificates, one from PUA accredited by the Egyptian Supreme Council of University and the other from KTH recognizing the awarded PUA B.Sc. Degree in Engineering.
- KTH-PUA programs introduce the concept of “Swedish” quality engineering education at PUA that achieves the highest level of engineering education and research at PUA.
- Students are prepared and have the chance to pursue their Master and PhD studies at KTH in Sweden or any other European countries.
- PUA graduates are provided with the professional, analytical, and technological skills which enable them to compete in global job markets.
- Programs encourage cross-cultural exchanges between faculty members and students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels that will provide participants with an opportunity to study and benefit from the mutual academic and cultural environment.
- Fully equipped labs and advanced workshops.
- Employing the latest teaching and learning methods to develop the students’ skills.
- Opening up opportunities of field training for the students.
- Organizing on and off campus field trips.
The Faculty of Engineering – Pharos University provides the community with outstanding engineering education and professional skills with high blending engineering sciences and technology with management in the areas of Architecture, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power – Communications Specializations), Mechanical Engineering, Petrochemicals Engineering, & Construction Engineering and Management.
The study in the Faculty of Engineering works to drive the development of the State Engineering plans in those areas and bring the graduates to:
- Compete efficiently in the highly competitive labor market and provide them with the ability to deal with working conditions at the local, regional and international level.
- Attain internationally acknowledged levels of education and scientific research, for them to be capable of obtaining higher scientific degrees later on.
Areas of work for graduates according to their specialization
- Industrial and production companies
- Oil and gas companies
- Telecommunications and information companies
- Construction and building companies
- Consulting and design offices
- Governmental departments
- Petrochemical companies