Faculty of Engineering Dean Welcome:
June 2011 was the first graduation of students from the Faculty of Engineering – Pharos University in Alexandria. Since establishing the Faculty in 2006, the university administration and faculty were keen on providing an outstanding learning environment with distinct and developed methods of teaching and learning. The Faculty grants Bachelor Degrees in eight disciplines of Engineering, so as to meet the requirements of the labor market. The Faculty also seeks to establish post graduate studies in various disciplines, Diploma and Masters Programs, in addition to specialized professional diplomas.
The faculty embraces a group of extinguished faculty members, assistants and technicians that work hard with dedication to provide excellent education and field training opportunities that provide practical skills and implements diverse student activities. The laboratories and workshops of the faculty also contain advanced tools and equipment.
The educational and scientific partnership agreement with the Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden KTH marks the efforts of the faculty in the field of international cooperation in order to apply high academic standards concerning the syllabus and follow up. The graduates of the faculty receive a statement from KTH testifying that the quality standards of education at the Faculty of Engineering Pharos University is identical to its counterpart in the Royal Institute of Technology KTH in Sweden, in addition to the certificate presented by Pharos University in Alexandria.
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate our students on joining us at Pharos University in Alexandria, to wish them success and invite them to increase their skills and assets in order to be well equipped for the challenges of the labor market. I also encourage them to participate in the various students activities, so as to enjoy their study years in the Faculty of Engineering.
My best wishes,
Prof. Mohamed G. Abouali
Dean of the Faculty
- The Faculty of Engineering includes the following departments each with its specific specialization:
In addition to the Department of Basic Engineering Sciences which provides services for all the departments of Engineering faculty
The faculty of Engineering has recently signed a cooperation protocol in the contest “Towards a Sustainable Future” initiative with Birla Carbon Company.
A contest organized in 2017/2018 for (graduation projects) under the initiative and three projects won the contest
- Students joining the KTH-PUA programs shall get, when graduated, two certificates, one from PUA accredited by the Egyptian Supreme Council of University and the other from KTH recognizing the awarded PUA B.Sc. Degree in Engineering.
- KTH-PUA programs introduce the concept of “Swedish” quality engineering education at PUA that achieves the highest level of engineering education and research at PUA.
- Students are prepared and have the chance to pursue their Master and PhD studies at KTH in Sweden or any other European countries.
- PUA graduates are provided with the professional, analytical, and technological skills which enable them to compete in global job markets.
- Programs encourage cross-cultural exchanges between faculty members and students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels that will provide participants with an opportunity to study and benefit from the mutual academic and cultural environment.
- Fully equipped labs and advanced workshops.
- Employing the latest teaching and learning methods to develop the students’ skills.
- Opening up opportunities of field training for the students.
- Organizing on and off campus field trips.
The Faculty of Engineering – Pharos University provides the community with outstanding engineering education and professional skills with high blending engineering sciences and technology with management in the areas of Architecture, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power – Communications Specializations), Mechanical Engineering, Petrochemicals Engineering, & Construction Engineering and Management.
The study in the Faculty of Engineering works to drive the development of the State Engineering plans in those areas and bring the graduates to:
- Compete efficiently in the highly competitive labor market and provide them with the ability to deal with working conditions at the local, regional and international level.
- Attain internationally acknowledged levels of education and scientific research, for them to be capable of obtaining higher scientific degrees later on.
Areas of work for graduates according to their specialization
- Industrial and production companies
- Oil and gas companies
- Telecommunications and information companies
- Construction and building companies
- Consulting and design offices
- Governmental departments
- Petrochemical companies