ELC Movie Club
A Movie Club, like a reading group, is an intimate and informal gathering where people can encounter ideas, experiences and emotions that may not be everyday topics of discussion but occur and shape our lives. Many people experience film quite differently now and viewing is often an isolated act – on computers and phones. The ELC Movie Club is changing that.
The ELC Movie Club is held monthly in room D131. It is an activity where PUA students are given a chance to interact with their peers, critically analyze movies and express their views and opinions outside the classroom in English. It is also a chance for students to enhance their speaking and writing besides their critical analysis skills.
The ELC Movie Club aims at:
- Providing opportunities for meaningful engagement with film
- Providing students with a rare opportunity to be part of something fun, creative and sociable
Giving movie enthusiasts the chance to watch one film a month, free of charge with a chance to talk about it afterwards. (post-screening debate)
- Acting as a platform for unmediated student voice, students can review movie they have watched.
- Practicing speaking and writing skills through watching an English movie
- Enhancing students’ analytical and critical skills
For more info-contact Ms.Amira via email email@example.com or come in person to room D137
February movie showing:
Movie name: The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
March movie showing:
Movie name: Room (2015)