Faculty of Engineering Dean Welcome:
June 2011 was the first graduation of students from the Faculty of Engineering – Pharos University. Since establishing the Faculty in 2006, the university administration and faculty were keen on providing an outstanding learning environment with distinct and developed methods of teaching and learning. The Faculty grants Bachelor Degrees in eight disciplines of Engineering, so as to meet the requirements of the labor market. The Faculty also seeks to establish post graduate studies in various disciplines, Diploma and Masters Programs, in addition to specialized professional diplomas.
The faculty embraces a group of extinguished faculty members, assistants and technicians that work hard with dedication to provide excellent education and field training opportunities that provide practical skills and implements diverse student activities. The laboratories and workshops of the faculty also contain advanced tools and equipment.
The educational and scientific partnership agreement with the Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden KTH marks the efforts of the faculty in the field of international cooperation in order to apply high academic standards concerning the syllabus and follow up. The graduates of the faculty receive a statement from KTH testifying that the quality standards of education at the Faculty of Engineering Pharos University is identical to its counterpart in the Royal Institute of Technology KTH in Sweden, in addition to the certificate presented by Pharos University in Alexandria.
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate our students on joining us at Pharos University, to wish them success and invite them to increase their skills and assets in order to be well equipped for the challenges of the labor market. I also encourage them to participate in the various students activities, so as to enjoy their study years in the Faculty of Engineering.
My best wishes,
Prof. Mohamed G. Abouali
Dean of the Faculty
Faculty of Engineering Mission
- The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Pharos provides its students and graduates with an outstanding education as well as high professional skills, Which Allow graduates to compete in the labor market and which also provide them with the ability to deal with working conditions at the local, regional and international levels.
- We also seeks to create and encourage innovative academic climate within the framework of professional ethics and sense of responsibility.
- We aims to reach an outstanding level of scientific research through international cooperation with foreign universities, as well as a closer relationship with the local industry, and the adaptation of scientific research to find appropriate solutions to the industrial and technological problems serving the local community and the surrounding environment.
Faculty of Engineering Vision
- The Faculty of Engineering at Pharos University aims at providing an education that is commensurate with national and global engineering standards
- The Faculty seeks to help its students achieve a world-class level of education and research that can enable them to compete and excel in the local, regional and international labor market
- The Faculty also encourages applied scientific research between faculty members and students to serve the community and the surrounding environment.
KTH-PUA Dual-Certificates Engineering Programs
Eight B.Sc. Engineering programs validated and undergone a quality assessment scrutiny by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden concerning content, teaching methods and examination methods are currently delivered at PUA. Quality of the eight programs fulfills the Swedish standards of Engineering Education.
- Architecture (5 years with no introductory courses at the first year)
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Communication / Power Control Specialization)
- Mechanical Engineering (Mechanical Power / Industrial & Manufacturing specialization)
- Petrochemicals Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
Royal Institute Of Technology Of Sweden (KTH)
- Ranked among the top Ten European Universities in the field of engineering.
- Has a long academic tradition of offering high-quality education and research, dating back to 1827.
- Degree: the Institute offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees.
Advantage Of Studying Engineering At Pharos University
- Students joining the KTH-PUA programs shall get, when graduated, two certificates, one from PUA accredited by the Egyptian Supreme Council of University and the other from KTH recognizing the awarded PUA B.Sc. Degree in Engineering.
- KTH-PUA programs introduce the concept of “Swedish” quality engineering education at PUA that achieves the highest level of engineering education and research at PUA.
- Students are prepared and have the chance to pursue their Master and PhD studies at KTH in Sweden or any other European countries.
- PUA graduates are provided with the professional, analytical, and technological skills which enable them to compete in global job markets.
- Programs encourage cross-cultural exchanges between faculty members and students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels that will provide participants with an opportunity to study and benefit from the academic and cultural environment of each other.
- Fully equipped labs and advanced workshops.
- Employing the latest teaching and learning methods to develop the students’ skills.
- Opening up opportunities of field training for the students.
- Organizing on and off campus field trips.
- Basic Science Laboratories
- Petrochemical Laboratories
- Computer Laboratories
- Material Science Laboratories
- Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Electrical Engineering Laboratories
- Mechanical Engineering Laboratories
- Architecture Laboratories
- Civil Engineering Laboratories
- Workshops including CNC machine
The Faculty of Engineering – Pharos University provides the community with outstanding engineering education and professional skills with high blending engineering sciences and technology with management in the areas of Architecture, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power – Communications Specializations), Mechanical Engineering, Petrochemicals Engineering, & Construction Engineering and Management.
The study in the Faculty of Engineering works to drive the development of the State Engineering plans in those areas and bring the graduates to:
- Compete efficiently in the highly competitive labor market and provide them with the ability to deal with working conditions at the local, regional and international level.
- Attain internationally acknowledged levels of education and scientific research, for them to be capable of obtaining higher scientific degrees later on.
Areas of work for graduates to work according to their specialization in:
- Industrial and production companies
- Oil and gas companies
- Telecommunications and information companies
- Construction and building companies
- Consulting and design offices
- Government departments
- Private companies