In the framework of the keenness of Pharos University to continue its efforts regarding the education process including field training during the Corona pandemic, the Faculty of Mass Communication ended the students’ field training. The field training was held under the supervision of Prof. Ramadan Abu El-Ala, the Vice President of Community Service & Environment Development Affairs. the training lasted two weeks on Zoom application and was organized in cooperation with Mediatopia Media Company. It is worth mentioning that more than 160 students participated in this training from departments of Journalism and Digital Publishing, Radio and Television Production and Public Relations and Marketing Communications. Moreover, the students were divided to 6 groups with a total of 28 training sessions during 10 days.
The students trained with a number of experts in the media field. The training sessions included:
- “Skills of TV Show Hosts” given by Dr. Mohamed Said Mahfouz, a Publicist and a Former TV Presenter in BBC in which the students trained on proper reading of news releases and making TV interviews.
- “Skills of Spokesperson” given by Ms. Maha Salem, the Spokesperson for the Ministry of State for Emigration and Egyptian Expatriates’ Affairs in which students have done simulation of media offices.
- “Dubbing” given by Ms. Asmaa Samir, an Actress and Dubbing Director in which students made dubbing for varies movie clips.
- “Radio Presenting” given by Mr. Amr Abo Hamda, a Radio Presenter in FM in which students trained on presenting radio shows.
- “Social Media Fundamentals” given by Mr. Mohamed Abd El Naser, a Content Creator at Wasla Browser in which students trained on managing the content on social media platforms.
- “Mobile journalism” given by Mr. Mohamed El Azaly, a Mobile and Multimedia Journalist at Al Masry Al Youm in which students made videos using mobiles.
At the end of the training, Dr. Mohamed Said Mahfouz gave a session about the media ethics.