THM 321 – Feasibility Study for Tourism and Hospitality
Course lecturer :
Mrs . Nadine Essam
Course assistant :
- Mr. Hamada Gamal
- Mr. Amr Elmoghraby
Course objectives :
The course provides students with knowledge and skills to prepare feasibility study before starting a new project, developing a new product or service, establishing a new business or upgrading, and modifying existing business to decide if it is feasible within the estimated cost or not.
Course description :
Describe business idea generation process Sycle. and Outline the components of pre-feasibility and feasibility study. Determine project alternative location and identify project’s competitors, and target markets. Determine the suitable marketing strategies and tactics for the project products and services.
Course assessment :
- Mid Term Exam 20% (20 Marks)
- Interactive Learning 30% (30 Marks) (Quizzes – Presentation – Assignment – Mini-project, Assessment of Professional Skills)
- Final Written Exam 50% (50 Marks)
Recommended text books :
Temba Munsaka, (2013), The Importance of Project Feasibility Study: With practical examples.
Recommended refrences :
1. Baker, K. (2000). Project Evaluation and Feasibility Analysis for Hospitality
2. Overton, R., (2007),Feasibility Studies Made Simple. Published July 2007 in e-book format operations. Hospitality Press. ISBN-10: 186250489X. ISBN-13: 978-1862504899.