Under the auspices of Prof. Tarek Taha, the Dean of faculty of Financial and Administrative Sciences, a symposium entitled The Impact of Customs Duties on International Trade” on Tuesday, 10 December 2019. The keynote speaker of the symposium was Mr. Ali Abd El Halim, the Manager of Customs Authority in Alexandria and the Western Region. The symposium addressed these points:
- The definition of customs in general and customs duties in particular.
- Why the government imposes customs duties on exports and imports.
- The role of customs duties in protecting the national industries against the international competitors.
- The impact of custom duties on the balance of trade of the state that imposes it.
- The impact of customs duties on international trade between countries all over the world.