PTBA 221 – Ptholpgy I
Course lecturer :
- Hanan Hosny Hanna
Course assistant :
- Dr. Aliaa el Abad
- Dr. Ranna Alaa
- Dr. Amira magdy
Course objectives :
By the end of this course the students will be able to:
- Acquire new Pathological knowledge essential for their professional carrier.
- Understand the Pathogenesis of several diseases, tumors affecting several organs of the body.
- Identify how the cardiovascular system is affected by several pathogens, vascular disease includes atherosclerosis, rheumatic heart, myocardial infarction, and pericarditis.
- Outline the important Respiratory disease, congenital anomalies, obstructive lung and restrictive lung, lung tumors disease.
- Explain the most common genetic disease and in terms of the underlying basic principles.
- Identify the pathogenesis of infectious disease and how it affects our body system.
- Identify the most important pathological and microscopic picture in different disease affecting cardiac, genetic, infectious, respiratory systems.
- Differentiate between different cardiac, respiratory, genetic infectious diseases and how to diagnose them and differentiate between them.
Course description :
- This course provides the student with an analysis of the etiology, pathology, and clinical sciences of cardiovascular, respiratory, genetic diseases, some infectious disease, disorders, and condition (Clinical/laboratory assessment techniques).
- It also allow the students to identify the gross and pathological pictures of underlying pathogenesis of several systems including cardiovascular, respiratory, genetics, infectious disease
Course assessment :
Total of 100 marks
- 5 marks Quiz
- 10 marks Midterm Exam
- 5 marks assignments and presentations
- 15 marks final practical exam
- 15 marks Oral exam
Recommended text books :
• Robbins and Cotran Atlas of Pathology, 2e (Robbins Pathology) 2nd Edition by Edward C. Klatt MD,2012.
Recommended refrences :
 Kostof, Spiro – “The Architect-Chapters in the History of the Profession,” New York, Oxford University Press,1977.  Cuff, Dana. Architecture: The Story of a Practice, MIT Press, 1992 (ISBN: 0262531127)  Demkin, Joseph A. (ed.) The Architects Handbook of Professional Practice, Student Edition, AIA Publication, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., NY, 2002 (ISBN 0-471-176-72-9)  Priven, Peter. Architect\’s Essentials of Starting a Design Firm, John Wiley & Sons, 2003 (ISBN:0471234818)  Swett, Richard, Cramer, James & Simpson, Scott. How Firms Succeed: A Field Guide to Design Management, Greenway Group, 2002, (ISBN: 096754775X)  Wasserman, Barry, Sullivan, Patrick, Palermo, Gregory, Ethics and the Practice of Architecture, 2000, ISBN 047129822