PTBA 106 – Biophysics I
Course lecturer :
- Dr.Bohaysa Ali
Course assistant :
- Asmaa magdy
- Eman Ahmed
Course objectives :
At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- Have good information about applications of biophysics
- Understand the Electricity within the body and properties of nerve cells.
- Understand basic theory of laser.
- Have a good knowledge about optics and physics of human vision and hearing.
Course description :
This course is characterized with high level immersion into physics and physical chemistry to study molecular biology of living cells. Tutorial labs emphasizes on measuring waves, frequencies and intensities. It also include an introduction to biophysics then studying the Electricity within the body, Cardio Vascular Instrumentation, Heat in Medicine Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, Human vision, and finally the Nuclear Medicine.
Course assessment :
Quiz 5% Assignment 5% Mid- term written exam 20% Final -term written exam 70% Total 100%
Recommended text books :
- Biophysics: An Introduction By Roland Glaser (2012)
- Medical Physics, by Martin Hollins
- Medical Physics, by John R. Cameron and James G. Shofronck
- General Physics, by Morton M. Sternheim and Joseph W. Kane