Dr. Mennatallah Gowayed, the International Relations Coordinator at Pharos University attended the sessions of the Union for the Mediterranean Conference which was held on Sunday, 1 December 2019 at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel. The coordination of the conference was managed under the auspices of the Ministry of Higher Education. This conference aimed to identify the requirements of the Egyptian public and private universities for scholarships and promote cooperation with the Mediterranean countries to set a new strategy for the Union based on the countries requirements.
Pharos University was invited among a limited number of Egyptian private universities to attend these events. It is worth mentioning that the sessions were attended by:
- Amr Adly, the Deputy Minister of Higher Education.
- Representatives of the Euro-Mediterranean countries.
- A representative of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- A representative of the Mediterranean Universities Union (L’UNIMED, Unione delle Università del Mediterraneo (UNIMED)).
- Representatives of the German Academic Exchange Service Organization (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)).
- A representative of the EU Erasmus+ Programme.
Representatives of the Supreme Council of Egyptian Universities.