GEN110 – Principles of sales and marketing
Dr. Mahmoud El Marsafawy
Course lecturer :
Ph. Lamiaa R. Abdelalim
Ph. Nada Magdy
Ph. Alaa khalifa
Course assistant :
After completing this course, students should be able to:
1. Study and insight the market and customers
2. Understand “brand” and “branding” and build a brand pyramid.
3. Use the best marketing strategy for every business.
4. Understand the product concepts and approaches.
5. Set a pricing and placing strategy.
6. Launch an integrated marketing communications program.
7. create and maintain a service marketing strategy.
8. Create a “business model”
Course objectives :
This course was developed to contain 4 parts : First: Market study and Branding and marketing strategies. second: the first 3 P’s of marketing Mix (Product, Pricing, Placing) Third: The 4th P = Promotion and integrated marketing communications. Fourth: The last 4 P’s : Physical Evidence, Process, People, Performance *Every Part Contains one of “Business Model” workshops
Course description :
Assignment & Interaction 40 marks Midterm Exam 40 marks Entrepreneurship project 20 marks Final Exam 100 marks
Course assessment :
1. Dimitris Dogramatzis – Pharmaceutical Marketing, A Practical Guide.
2. Philip T Kotler, Kevin Lane Keller-A Framework for Marketing Management
3. Alexander Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur – Business model generation
4. Alexander Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur – Value Proposition Design
Recommended text books :
1. Philip Kotler and Gary Armstrong – Principles of Marketing
2. Kevin Lane Keller, Philip Kotler-Marketing Management.
3. Min Ding, Jehoshua Eliashberg, Stefan Stremersch- Innovation and Marketing in the Pharmaceutical Industry.