PL 707 – Applied experimental pharmacology
Course lecturer :
Course assistant :
Course objectives :
• Identify different major types of instruments used in pharmacological experiments.
• Characterize different methodologies for -vivo modeling of various diseases.
• Understand basics of laboratory safety measures & ethical issues of experimental studies
Course description :
This course is designed to deal with selected biological experiments intended to teach and train the student to prepare experimental animals, isolated tissues/organs preparation, cell lines and other advanced methodologies and evaluation techniques used to determine efficacy and toxicity of drug therapy.
Course assessment :
• Continuous assessment: 30% (90 marks)
• Midterm exam: 20% (60 marks)
• Final written exam: 40% (120 marks)
• Final oral exam: 10% (30 marks)
Recommended text books :
• Experimental Pharmacology For Undergraduates& Postgraduates
• Pharmacology Laboratory Manual: Experimental
• Studies On Experimental Toxicology& Pharmacology
Recommended refrences :