PL 706 – Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- Prof . Inas Darwish
- Ass. Prof. Wessam El Hadidy
This course is designed to deal with advanced knowledge of endocrine and metabolic disorders, respiratory pharmacology, drugs for gastrointestinal and liver diseases, renal Pharmacology and chemotherapeutic agents.
This three credit hours course in second level of Master\’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences replenish the candidate with recent international guidelines of important therapeutics in studied fields
• Continuous assessment: 30% (90 marks)
• Midterm exam: 20% (60 marks)
• Final written exam: 40% (120 marks)
• Final oral exam: 10% (30 marks)
• Derek Waller Tony Sampson. Medical Pharmacology& Therapeutics 4th ed. Saunders Ltd, 2013
• Laurence L. Brunton, Randa Hilal-Dandan, Björn C. Knollmann. Goodman& Gilman\’s The Pharmacological Basis Of Therapeutics 13th ed. McGraw-Hill Education, 2017.
Recommended text books
• Eugene C. Toy, David S. Loose, Shelley A. Tischkau, Anush S. Pillai. Case Files Pharmacology 3rd ed. McGraw-Hill Education, 2013
• Chisholm-Burns MA, Wells BG, Schwinghammer TL. Pharmacotherapy principles & practice. McGraw-Hill; 2016.