KTH Delegation Paid a Visit to Pharos University
Under the partnership formed between Pharos University and the KTH Royal Institute of Technology-Sweden, a KTH esteemed delegation paid a three-day visit to the faculty of Engineering at Pharos University from 24th June to 26th June 2018.
The KTH delegation was comprised of the following:
• Ass. Prof. Albania Nisssan, the PUA-KTH project leader.
• Prof. Göran Engdahl, who manages the Electrical Engineering Program.
• Prof. Björn Palm, a supervisor of the Mechanical Engineering Program.
• Prof. Yohannes Kiros, who is in charge of the Petrochemical Engineering Program.
• Prof. Johan Karlander, who is responsible for the Computer Engineering Program.
• Prof. Daniel Tesfamariam Semere, who runs the Production Engineering Program.
• Mrs. Erika Svenson, an administrator and a student affairs officer.
The KTH delegation was received by a group of PUA professors which included the following:
• Prof. Nourhan Fanaki, the Vice-President for Education and Student affairs
• Prof. Mohamed Gaber Abou Ali, the Dean of the faculty of Engineering.
• Prof. Mohamed Naiem Anwar, the Vice Dean for Education and Student Affairs at the faculty of Engineering.
• Dr. Mohamed Ragab, the PUA Secretary General.
• Prof. Alaa Shebl, the Head of the Mechanical Engineering department.
• Prof. Hassan Elghazoly, the Head of the Construction Engineering and Management Department.
• Prof. Mohamed Fahim, the Head of the Petrochemical Engineering Department.
• Associate Prof. Mohamed Abdel Rahman, the acting Head of the Electrical Department
• Dr. Amr Elsaadany, a lecturer at the Computer Engineering department.
• Prof. Mona Ossman, the International Relations Coordinator of the faculty of Engineering.
• Dr. Mennatallah Gowayed, the PUA International Relations Coordinator.
The KTH delegation to the faculty of Engineering pursued the following main tasks:
• Following up the achievements of the PUA-KTH program during the Spring semester of 2018.
• Tracing the latest developments in the Perspective course.
• Providing feedback on the PUA candidates who have been nominated for Erasmus + scholarship during the spring semester 2018. In addition, the KTH delegation gave a synopsis of the curricula delivered to PUA candidates by the KTH staff during the Erasmus + scholarship.
• Visiting the Perspective Lab.
• Giving lectures for the Engineering students of all departments to summarize the main topics that have been covered during the spring semester, 2018.
• Attending the viva voce examinations held for discussing the students’ graduation projects according to the scheduled table.
• Attending the faculty’s graduation projects competition which was sponsored by Birla Carbon Company.
• Giving a number of lectures to PUA students about video conference topics.