EM 362 – Quality Improvement for Industry
Course lecturer :
- DALIA AMMAR
Course assistant :
- HEBA FAHMY
Course objectives :
To enable students to:
- Present the principles and standards of quality systems.
- Construct control charts iii) Introduce models and inferences for process/product quality.
- Present quality systems and standards
- Present statistical quality control.
- Determine the percentage of defects and reworks
Course description :
This course introduces students to: Quality management philosophies (Deming,..Etc.), strategies for continuous improvement, graphical and numerical methods of data analysis, process control charts, total quality management, and the percentage of defects and reworks.
Course assessment :
Mid-Term Exam 20 Sections( assignments, reports, quizzes) 30 Final Exam 50 TOTAL 100
Recommended text books :
Thomas P. Ryan, “Statistical Methods For Quality improvement”, second edition,2000.
Recommended refrences :
Bovas Abraham, N. Unnikrishnan Nair, Birkhäuser, “Quality improvement through statistical methods”, 1998. Melissa G. Hartman \” Fundamental concepts of quality improvement\” ASQ Quality Press, 2002.