EE 367 – Fundamentals of Acoustics
Course lecturer :
- Prof. Dr. Noha Korany
Course assistant :
- Eng. Hanan El-Gammal
Course objectives :
To enable students to understand basic concepts of transmission of electromagnetic energy and fundamental acoustic analysis tools and principles.
Course description :
- Fundamentals of sounds.
- Acoustical wave equation and simple solutions.
- Sound intensity, energy density, sound level and loudness.
- Radiation and reception of acoustical waves.
- Cavity resonator and waveguides.
- Noise, signal detection, hearing and speech. The course also includes: Matlab Projects.
Course assessment :
Class works including drop quizzes, solving assignment problems and reports & presentations: 15%. IT applications: 5%. Practical works: 10%. Mid-term written exam: 20%. Final written exam: 50%.
Recommended text books :
Kinsler, Frey, Coppens, and Sanders, \”Fundamentals of Acoustics,\” 4th Ed, John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
Recommended refrences :
Matthew N. O. Sadiku. \’Elements of Electromagnetics\’\’. The Oxford Series in Electrical and Computer Engineering.