P 214 – Painting 2
Course lecturer :
- Dr.Nermin Mahmoud Mohamed Gomaah
Course assistant :
Course objectives :
The course aims at training on how to transfer symmetry of natural and silent elements through the linear body and transform them into a volumetric body through color grading and expressing the tangible values of different materials
Course description :
- Understanding the concept of painting.
- Training in oil painting technology.
- Training to achieve the values of the embodiment, shadow, light, depth and inspirational contact through the techniques of oil colors.
- Preparation of different surfaces of the art of painting.
- Acquire the skills and techniques needed to achieve expressive values in painting.
- Visits to local plastic exhibitions.
Course assessment :
-Final evaluation : (75) -Interactive Learning :(25) Total = 100
Recommended text books :
Books from inside the college library: 1- Walter Foster -Mastering Oil Painting-USA Publish-2014 2- Walter Foster-The Art of Basic Oil Painting -USA Publish-2012 Books from outside the college library: 3-Steven Pearce –Drawing Still Lifes -J .Razo – 2013 4-Walter Foster Team , 101 Textures in Oil & Acrylic , 2013 5-Narim Bender, Rembrandt van Rijn, BookRix GmbH & Co. KG (December 6, 2013). 6-Anthony Toney, 150 Masterpieces of Drawing, Dover Publications (June 3, 2013).
Recommended refrences :
http://www.artrenewal.org/pages/sitemap.php http://www.museumsyndicate.com/artistlist.php https://www.1st-art-gallery.com https://www.artsy.net/artists