ID572 – Mural Painting (stained glass & mosaic)
Course lecturer :
Course assistant :
Hadeer helal ola kamal
Course objectives :
The course aims to introduce the art of stained glass and mosaics and also introduce the methods, tools necessary for the implementation of special artwork done by mosaic or stained glass and acquiring the necessary skills required in the design
Course description :
– Understand the concept of Mural painting.
– Recognizes the characteristics of mural painting materials
– Recognizes the implementation of mosaic or stained glass techniques.
– Color and texture values are expressed in various mural painting materials
– Understand how to take advantage of mosaic technique and stained glass.
– Expresses the student experience through various researches and techniques
Course assessment :
The course grade is 100 in total Interactive learning: (10) Assignments & projects: (20) Mid term exam:(10) Final Exam: (60)
Recommended text books :
1-Leslie Dierks –Making Mosaic-Sterling Publishing Co. Inc. New York-1997
2-Elaine M Goodwin-Classic Mosaic- Apple-2003
3-Joann Locktov&Doreen Mastandrea-Mosaic sourcebook-Rockport Publishers -2003ç
4-Andrew Moor-Contemporary Stained Glass-Publishing in paperback-london1996.
5-Elizabeth Morris-Stained and Decorative Glass- Publishing by Grange books-london-1995.
6- Carol Soucek King-Designing with Glass – Publishing in New York 1996
Recommended refrences :