D 362 – Building Construction 2
Course lecturer :
DR: yousry Osman katkat
Course assistant :
- T.A: Lauaa Habashy Kamal
- T.A: Soha Samy Ahmed
- T.A: ola kamel
- Eng: hadeer helal
Course objectives :
1. The course Objective is to demonstrate a progressive awareness of interior building construction details.
2. Extend students\’ knowledge and terminology as well as production drawings of architectural building details including different types of wooden and metal doors and windows ,details dimensions and fixation methods , flooring finishes as well as main flat, tilted and suspended ceilings ….etc.
3. Students will practice their drawing skills by preparing architectural drawings and manual sketches
4. Enhance student\’s ability to draw execution drawings for building and architectural details of doors, windows, wall, floor and ceiling veneers and cladding.
Course description :
The course aims to provide complete awareness of different building construction detailed drawings including full dimensions and fixation methods of different types of wooden and metal doors and windows. The course also places emphasis on detailed and more advanced construction methods of major interior Architectural components in the innovation process of treatments, claddings of floors ceilings and walls that are the basic components of an interior space or building type as follows : The floors: flooring finishes and cladding as well as raised floors. The walls: wall cladding of different materials like brick, marble, and wood as well as curtain walls. The ceilings: different kinds of flat and wooden roofs as well as false ceilings such as expanded metal ceiling, gypsum board and Armstrong. wooden, metal and concrete ceilings as well.
Course assessment :
Course Evaluation: The course grade is 100 divided into: Interactive learning: (15) Assignments: (25) QUIZ : (10) Final Evaluation: (50) Total = 100
Recommended text books :
ISBN: 977-05-2047-0 • Ramsey/sleeper: Architectural Graphic Standards: edited by Robert T.Packard, AIA, United States
Recommended refrences :
• Name :The Graphic Standards Guide To Architectural Finishes , Publisher : JOHN WILEY AND SONS, INC Editor: Elena M.S. Garrison, AIA,CCS,CSI ISBN:0-471-22766-8 • Professional practice of architectural working drawings . Publisher : JOHN WILEY AND SONS, INC Editor: Osamu A. Wakita, Hon.A.I.A ISBN:0-471-39540-4 • Construction Drawings and Detail For Interiors Basic Skils Publisher : JOHN WILEY AND SONS, INC