Faculty of Engineering –Pharos University
Accredited from the National Authority for Quality Assurance and
Accreditation in Education
“The Petrochemical Engineering Department”
Faculty of Engineering – Pharos University, is pleased to announce to those who aspire to enroll in the postgraduate programs (master’s and diploma degrees). This is in accordance with the edict of the Committee of Engineering Sector at the Supreme Council of Universities, and the Ministerial Decree No.1272 issued on 11/4/2019.
Pharos University grants the following scientific degrees:
- Master of Science in Petrochemical Engineering.
- Master in Engineering Sciences (Petrochemical Engineering).
- Diploma in Polymer Engineering.
- Diploma in Industrial Waste Treatment.
- Diploma in Management of Petrochemical Projects.
The admission for postgraduate studies opens before the beginning of each semester by two weeks (mid-September/mid-January).
Required Academic Credentials:
The applicant should be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or its equivalent in Engineering Sciences from an Egyptian/foreign university accredited by the Supreme Council of Universities, with minimum a grade (C+) for master’s degree and (C) for diploma.
- Credit-hour system.
- To obtain a master of Science in Petrochemical Engineering, the student should study 18 credit hours for the courses, in addition to18 credit hours for the thesis, to be 36 hours in total.
- To obtain a master of Engineering in Petrochemical Engineering, the student should study 30 credit hours for the courses, in addition to 6 credit hours for the thesis, to be 36 hours in total.
- In order to obtain a specialized diploma, the student should study 27 credit hours for the courses, in addition to 3 credit hours for the research project, to be 30 hours in total.
Fall semester: begins in October.
Spring semester: begins in February.
The duration of study is fifteen weeks, not including the final exams.
The teaching staff are elite professors working at the Faculty of Engineering at Pharos University as well as some of the industry specialized experts. Laboratories are also available for studies and research.