MLHE 202 - Hematology-2
Course lecturer :
- Dr Maha Abubakr Feissal
Course assistant :
- Assistant lecturer / Nesrine Helaly
- Assistant lecturer / Nahla Hefny
- Demonstrator/ Nourhan ElZayat
- Demonstrator/ Tasnim Mohamed
- Demonstrator/ Yahia Hamdy
Course objectives :
After completion of the course the student will be able to
- – know and understand blood groups and their tests
- – know and understand the principles of heamostasis .
- – Understand the laboratory tests of haemostasis.
- – Recognize the haemopoietic malignancies and different techniques used for diagnosis of these malignancies.
Course description :
This hematology course describes in brief basics of coagulation, homeostasis and some platelet abnormalities in addition to introduction to hematological malignancies and their classification into acute and chronic and different methods of diagnosis .
Course assessment :
Assessment Form Mid-term exam 15 marks at weeks ( 8,9) Assignments 3 marks at (weeks 5,6,7) Interactive learning & Quizzes 7 marks Quiz at week (5) Practical exam 25 marks at week ( 14) Final written exam 50 marks at week (15)
Recommended text books :
A.V Hoffbrand, P. A. H. Moss. Hoffbrand’s Essential Haematology.7th ed.2015
Recommended refrences :
John P. Greer, Daniel A, Bertil G, Alan F, Robert T and George M. Wintrobe’s Clinical Hematology.13 Ed.2014.