PHM 322 – PHARMACOLOGY
Course lecturer :
Course assistant :
After completing this course, students should be able to:
• Describe the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of essential and commonly used drugs in general and in dentistry in particular.
• Tailor the use of appropriate drugs in disease with consideration to its cost, efficacy, and safety for individual and mass therapy needs.
• Indicate special care in prescribing common and essential drugs in special medical situations.
• Integrate the rational drug therapy in clinical pharmacology.
Course objectives :
1. Mycek MJ, Harvey RA. Lippincott\’s Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology, 5th ed. Lippincott-Raven 2012
Course description :
1- Participation (40 marks): During tutorial sections, the students will be evaluated through: . Group discussion . MCQ questions . Assignments . Problem solving . Oral exam
2- Quiz exam (20 marks)
3- Mid-Term exam (40 marks)
4- Final written exam (100 marks)
Course assessment :
1. Mycek MJ, Harvey RA. Lippincott\’s Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology, 5th ed. Lippincott-Raven 2012 2.Katzung BG. Basic and Clinical pharmacology 12th ed. Appleton & Lange 2012
Recommended text books :
2.Katzung BG. Basic and Clinical pharmacology 12th ed. Appleton & Lange 2012