ES202!!/CM202 – Concrete Materials
Dr. Wegdan Wagdy
Course lecturer :
nada hossam moghazy abdelalim el wakel
Course assistant :
• Introduce concrete as a material, its ingredients and concrete Production Process.
• Identify the properties of cement and aggregate.
• Determine the influence of concrete constituents on its properties.
• Determine how to design a Mix.
• Examine and identify the properties of fresh concrete.
• Analyze the properties of hardened concrete.
• Analyze how mixture design and materials selection can both promote and prevent long-term durability
Course objectives :
• Properties of aggregate
• Properties of cement
• Mix design
• Properties of fresh concrete
• Properties of hardened concrete
• Concrete durability
Course description :
• List the aggregate, cement and admixtures properties.
• Identify the basic fresh concrete properties.
• Identify the basic hardened concrete properties.
• Describe the concrete durability problems.
• Explain the parameters included in concrete mix design.
• Explain the properties of concrete at early ages.
Course assessment :
Recommended text books :