EA252 – Colors in Built Environment
- Dr. Ingy Naguib
- Dr. Pakinam Barakat
Course lecturer :
- Arch. Walaa Gharib
- Arch. Taghreed Ahmed
- Arch. Abdelrahman Ragheb
- Arch. Yehia Soliman
Course assistant :
- To train students to develop an aesthetic approach based on theories.
- To introduce students to color definitions, theories and application techniques.
- To teach students how to find their own artistic and creative characters.
Course objectives :
The Course is to teach the students all about the visual characteristics of materials, and all about the colors whether pigment or light colors.
The course introduces the student to all types of harmonies in color combination, and all theories of colors.
The student is to use gauche and water colors to experience the theoretical part of the course in a practical way through already given 3D, and 2D drawings.
Course description :
Course Assessment: Assessment form Grade% Assignment & Mini project 45% Mid- term exam 15% Final exam 40%
Course assessment :
- James T. Davis, James C. Watkins.(2001): Architectural Delineation: Presentation Techniques and Projects , 2nd edition Kendall Hunt Pub Co; US
- Francis D.K. Ching.(2003) Architectural Graphics, 4th edition, , John Wiley. Canada
Recommended text books :
- Adam Marioka & TerryStone (2008), COLOR DESIGN WORKBOOK, Rockport publishers, USA
- Doyle Michael E.(2007):Color Drawing: Design Skills and Techniques for Architects, and Interior Designers, 3rd edition , John Wiley &Sons. Canada.
- Farrell,Terry (2008), Color for architecture today, Porter, T &Mikellides, B Edition, Taylor & Francis, Uk.
- Krier,Rob, G.Bribain (1993); \”Elements of Architecture\” , ,A.D. publications.