F116 – Principles of Oil Painting
Dr.Nermin Mahmoud Mohamed Gomaah, Dr. Omnia Abd Elrahman
Course lecturer :
Eng : Gilan Hussein
Eng : Mai Fouad
Eng : Marwa Fathi
Eng : Mahmoud Eashor
Course assistant :
The aim of the course is to acquire the skills of oil color painting by identifying the colors of oil colors and how to mix them, and the ability to create a picture of a subject and the study of color configurations through the preparation of the image with the application of the color perspective and technical formations of the subjects of silent nature and live and the establishment of an exhibition within the College at the end of each chapter Study.
Course objectives :
- Understanding the concept of painting .
- Training in the technique of oil painting .
- Training in achieving the values of modeling, shadow, light, depth and inspirational contact through oil color techniques .
- Familiarity with oil painting materials and its tools and its performance capabilities in the modern concept of painting of philosophy, theories, pioneers, artists and subjects The expressionism that he deals with and the types of structural formations and ways to deal with the problem .
- Visits to local plastic exhibitions
Course description :
The course grade is 100 divided into :
Final evaluation: (75)
Interactive learning: (25)
Total = 100
Course assessment :
Books from inside the college library:
- Walter Foster -Mastering Oil Painting-USA Publish-2014
- Walter Foster-The Art of Basic Oil Painting -USA Publish-2012 Books from outside the faculty library:
- Steven Pearce –Drawing Still Lifes -J .Razo – 2013
- Walter Foster Team , 101 Textures in Oil & Acrylic , 2013
- Narim Bender, Rembrandt van Rijn, BookRix GmbH & Co. KG (December 6, 2013).
- Anthony Toney, 150 Masterpieces of Drawing, Dover Publications (June 3, 2013).
Recommended text books :