AD313 – Mosaic Art
- Prof. / Eman Ahmed Ramzy
Course lecturer :
- Eng.Hekmat Hassan
- Eng.Salma Farrag
- Eng.Nada Hossam
- Eng.Nada Shahen
- Eng.Mai Zein
- Eng.Wessam Hesham
- Eng.Marwa fathy
Course assistant :
The course aims to inform the students about the historical stages of development of mosaic art since ancient civilizations until the current era concerning the history, materials and design aspects in relation to the architecture and application possibility.
Course objectives :
- Learn the ancient and recent mosaic art.
- Apply copies from different cultures and eras
- Using different techniques and materials (natural and synthetic).
- Create mural designs through various sketches and exercises
- Achieving the harmony between materials
Course description :
Final exam: (60) – Interactive Learning: (4) – Midterm: (10) – Research Project: (6) – Projects ,Sketches and Researches : (20) Total = 100
Course assessment :
Text Book in the copy center
Recommended text books :
- Elaine M. Goodwin, Classic Mosaic Designs and Projects Inspired by 6000 years of Mosaic Art, London,2000.
- – Mosaic Designs and Projects Inspired by 6000 years of Mosaic Art, London,2000.
- – Jacqui. Art therapy Mosaics, USA 2015.