BT 424 – Human Resource Management
- Dr. Mohamed Hammad
Course lecturer :
Course assistant :
- Explain what human resource management is and how it relates to the management process.
- Discuss the nature of job analysis, including what it is and how it\’s used.
- Write job descriptions, including summaries and job functions, using the Internet and traditional methods
- List the steps in the recruitment and selection process.
- Name and describe the main internal sources of candidates.
- List and discuss the main outside sources of candidates
- Explain what is meant by reliability and validity.
- List the main types of selection interviews.
- Give several examples of situational questions, behavioral questions, and background questions that provide structure.
- Summarize the purpose and process of employee Orientation
- Discuss how you would motivate trainees.
- Explain how to use five training techniques.
- Define performance management and discuss how it differs from performance appraisal.
- Develop, evaluate, and administer at least four performance appraisal tools.
- List the basic factors determining pay rates.
Course objectives :
A knowledge and understanding of managing people is important for anyone planning a career in management, and especially for those wanting to work as a human resource professional. The benefits of studying HRM include the opportunity to work on real business issues/case studies and develop knowledge and skills in a broad range of business subjects which impact directly on business performance and competitiveness.
Course description :
Continuous Assessment 20% Midterm Exam 20% Final Exam 60%
Course assessment :
Human resource management/Gary Dessler. 15th. ed 2017