PTBA 101 – Anatomy I
PD Ezzat El-Sawwa
Course lecturer :
Course assistant :
This course presents basic understanding of concepts and interpretation of the musculo-skeletal system of the upper limb including bones, muscles, nerves, and joints. Also the basic concepts of the cardio-vascular system including the heart and main blood vessels.
Course objectives :
These anatomical lectures will cover the following :
- Introduction that covers anatomical position, planes, terms, movements, skin, fascia, muscle, bone and joints.
- Clavicle, scapula and pectoral region.
- Back and axilla.
- Shoulder region and humerus.
- Arm, radius and ulna.
- Flexors and extensors of the forearm.
- Hand and its skeleton.
- Nerves of upper limb.
- Joints of upper limb. Thorax
- External features of the heart.
- Internal structures of the heart.
- Body circulations and main blood vessels.
Course description :
3. Midterm exam.
4. Final practical.
5. Final oral.
6. Final written.
Course assessment :
Snell R. Clinical Anatomy by region. By Richard Snell. 9th edition. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, 2012.
Recommended text books :
1. Snell R. Clinical Anatomy by region. By Richard Snell. 9th edition. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, 2012.
2. Moore, KL and Daly: Clinically oriented anatomy (6th edition), Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, 2014.
3. Johns Hopkins. Richard L Drake. Grey\’s anatomy for students. 3rd edition, 2014.