MLMT 201 – Medical Terminology
Dr Maha Naga
Course lecturer :
LA Fatma Abou El Nazar
Course assistant :
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
• Recognize word roots, prefixes, and suffixes used in medical language today.
• Learn the basic rules and elements of a medical term.
• Learn how to combine words to create meaningful medical conditions as well as comprehend their definition and know the correct spelling.
• Identify and decipher medical abbreviations
• Spell and pronounce basic medical terminology
Course objectives :
This course is designed to give the students needed skills to identify and use different medical terms
Course description :
Interactive learning and assignment ——10 Mid-Term ————————————— 15 Final exam (Written) ————————- 75 Total ——————————————– 100
Course assessment :
Betty Davis Jones. Comprehensive Medical Terminology. 5th edition. 2015