MLMM 202 – Medical Microbiology (2)
Dr. Mohamed Salah ElDin
Course lecturer :
– Bassant Safaa
– Rana Saeed
– Nadia Fouad
– Ghada Mohamed
Course assistant :
1. Recognize the significance of the immune system in combating infection and disease.
2. Distinguish between non-specific (innate) and specific (adaptive) immune systems.
3. Know the humoral and cellular components of the non-specific immunity.
4. To compare and contrast immunogen, antigen and hapten
5. To discuss the general properties of all immunoglobulins
6. To describe the basic structure of immunoglobulins
7. To relate immunoglobulin structure with function
8. To explain the structural basis for immunoglobulin isotypes allotypes and idiotypes
9. Understand different pathways of complement (C ) activation.
Course objectives :
This course consists of principles of immunology, the natural factors in immunity and types of immunity, all presented as:
1- Introduction to immunology
2- Types of immunity
3- Immune response
5- Antigen / Antibody
Course description :
Research project and interactive learning 7%
Assignment (throughout the course) 3%
Mid Term 15%
Final exam (Practical) 25%
Final exam (theoretical) 50%
Course assessment :
– Roitt et. al.: Immunology 2009 (6th ed.)
Recommended text books :
– Goldsby RA et. al.: (2003) Immunology, 5th Edition