MFFM301 – Food Services Management
Course lecturer :
Course assistant :
The course will cover these topics in food service management service Food Service Industry An Overview, Management of the Food Service Department, Leadership: Managing for Change, Marketing, Quality Management, Human Resource Management, purchasing & selection Food legislation and Facility Design & Equipment Selection
Course objectives :
The course covers the technical and managerial aspects of food establishments including supervision, evolution and intervention in various activities. The course including field trips to food establishment followed by reporting and group discussion. The course will cover these topics in food service management service
Course description :
c1. Mid-term exam 15
c2. Assignment 3 Research and Interactive learning 7 Practical exam 25 Final written exam 50
Course assessment :
1. Ruby P. Puckett. Food Service Manual for Healthcare Institutions Third Edition. 2004.
2. The American Hospital Association. Health Forum, Inc. An American Hospital Association Company. CHICAGO; Jossey-Bass. A Wiley Imprint. San Francisco, CA Spears & Gregoire . Food service organization 5th edition. 2004 Pearson Education, Inc. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458.
3. NRAEF. 2007. Human Resources Management Supervision, competency guide, parson prentice hall, NJ, USA.
4. Edelstin SF. Managing food and nutrition services. Jones and Bartlett. Boston MA.5th edition, 2007.
Recommended text books :
1. Mahan, L.K. and S. Escott-Stump, Editors. 2008. Krause’s Food & Nutrition Therapy. 12th Edition. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia, PA.
2. Mahan K, Escott Stump S. Krauses food, nutrition, and diet therapy. 11th edition. Philadelphia, WB saunders , 2012.