MFAN 201 – Assessment of Nutritional Status
- Dr. Sally Salah
- Dr.Doha Magdy
Course lecturer :
Course assistant :
- Define the different terminology used in assessment
- Identify the stage of clinical nutritional deficiency
- Name the objectives of doing a nutritional assessment.
- Recognize nutrition survey and nutrition surveillance.
- Discuss different methods both direct and indirect that are used in the assessment of nutritional status.
- Describe the advantages, limitations, and applicability of the various methods
Course objectives :
This course covers various assessment activities including assessment of dietary intake using proper computer programs, anthropometric measurement suitable for different age groups, biochemical assays, physical and clinical examination. The sensitivity, reliability and reproducibility of each technique will be discussed. The students will be subjected to practical training to acquaint them with every technique.
Course description :
Assessment Form Grades % Assignments 3 Interactive Learning 7 Midterm Exam 15 Practical 25 Final Exam 50
Course assessment :
Laboratory Assessment of Nutritional Status: Bridging Theory & Practice Kindle Edition by MARY LITCHFORD
Recommended text books :
Krause\’s Food & the Nutrition Care Process, 14th Edition by L. Kathleen Mahan, MS, RD, CDE and Janice L Raymond, MS, RD, CD, 2011.