Overview and Objectives:
The quick development in the uses of computers in different fields has resulted in making computer engineering and sciences the most developed fields at the present time. Egypt pays special attention to computer technologies and its uses as one of the fundamental means for modernizing its industries and commercial system. The department aims at achieving the following objectives:
- Providing students with a strong scientific base that is enhanced with training and practical expertise for basic and specialized engineering sciences.
- Providing the society with engineers that are able to cope with the fast-paced development in the field of computer engineering.
- Developing the competences of engineers to take part in engineering application and scientific research in their communities.
- Adopting modern technologies that are appropriate for the needs of the society.
Graduates of computer engineering will:
- Practice as computer engineers in problem solving, designing, implementing and maintaining computing systems
- Utilize their professional education/knowledge for the benefits of the society or/and the profession.
- Keep their professional knowledge updated through further education or exploring available resources and through engineering educational seminars or workshops
- Assume leadership positions in industry, academia and public service, and/or contribute positively to their growth and sustainability.
Moreover, the department secures job opportunities for its graduates in the following bodies:
- Companies of computer systems and internet services and applications.
- Governmental and private companies and institutions such as Banking Agency, general institution for technical education and vocational training, in addition to different information centers.
- Ministries, universities and schools of both the Ministry of Education and the private sector as well.