About Quality Assurance Center
Since 2006/2007, Pharos University, in Alexandria, has established a Quality Assurance Center and quality assurance units in its faculties. Nowadays, QAC is an administrative unit supervised by the Vice President for Education and Student Affairs.
QAC is concerned with applying an academic and administrative evaluation system that ensures quality in all components of Pharos University implemented system.
Pharos University seeks to be one of the leading universities in Egypt, in terms of education and scientific research, as well as the diversity of its educational programs.
The Quality Assurance Center at Pharos University is leading the process of setting standards for quality assurance and continuous development in educational and research programs that meet the needs of the community and the labor market locally, regionally and internationally. It also provides the integrated technical support to qualify the faculties of Pharos University to be accredited at the national and international levels….
Implementing integrated systems to ensure the quality of education, scientific research and community service and enhance the capabilities of Pharos University for continuous improvement, which enable it to be one of the most important Higher Education Institutions locally, regionally and internationally.
Strategic Objectives of the Quality Assurance Center – Pharos University in
- Disseminate the culture of quality to achieve the vision and mission of the University and its objectives.
- Enhancing the capacity building of the faculties to conduct self-evaluation according to the standards of the National Authority for Quality Assurance of Education and Accreditation.
- Follow-up mechanisms for the development of programs and bylaws of faculties of Pharos University .
- Expanding the international accreditation of the University’s faculties and academic programs and enhancing its international reputation.
- Raising the level of community satisfaction with the outputs of Pharos University education system as graduates, research and professional and community services in accordance with national, regional and international standards.
- Achieving effective communication between the Center and the quality assurance units in faculties.
- Developing the executive rules and regulations of the university, thus enhancing flexibility and transparency.
- Strengthen capabilities at all levels/ groups in the university in the field of quality assurance systems and mechanisms.
- Cooperation with quality assurance agencies and organizations at the national, regional and international levels.
- Diagnosis of obstacles facing the development of performance at all levels and conduct analytical studies and propose proper solutions and plans for improvement in various areas.